1.1 To ensure that customers' complaints/disputes are handled courteously, sympathetically, and swiftly.
2.1 Customers are requested to advise Brackenwood of any complaint/dispute by way of:
- Letter to CEO, Brackenwood House, Kimbell Road, Basingstoke, RG22 4AT
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone call to 01256 843988
2.2 Upon receipt the complaint will be:
- logged on the Customer Complaints Log located in L:\Amipro\Forms
- logged on the relevant Contract on the computerised CRM system (Adminbase) and any supporting documents will be attached to the Contract on the CRM
2.3 The CEO may nominate an employee to resolve the problem if he cannot deal with it personally.
2.4 The nominated employee will respond to the customer in writing within 48 hours to:
- (a) acknowledge receipt of the communication
- (b) advise the customer that they are dealing with the matter
2.5 It is the aim of Brackenwood to resolve complaints/disputes within 14 – 21 days of receipt of the complaint.
2.6 If, for any reason, the 14 – 21 days’ timescale is exceeded, the nominated employee will contact the customer to update them on progress and to advise how much longer it is anticipated before the matter will be resolved.
2.7 In very exceptional circumstances where the complaint/dispute is particularly complex and takes longer to resolve, the nominated employee will continue to update the customer on a regular basis until the complaint is resolved.
2.8 All forms of communication with the customer (i.e. written and verbal) will be recorded on Adminbase.
2.9 If we cannot agree a solution within eight weeks and your complaint relates to our credit brokerage service
, we will:
- (a) write to you giving our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide a final decision
- (b) issue our final decision letter which will explain our final position.
We aim to resolve all credit broker-related complaints internally. However, if after receiving our final decision letter, or eight weeks have passed, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
If you want the FOS to look into your complaint, you must contact them within six months of the date of our final response letter in writing to Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, Telephone 0800 0234567, or e-mail email@example.com.
Further helpful information can be obtained from visiting their website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk